Sunday, February 21, 2021

Week One, Check!

Week one in the books!  The weather is slowly but surely on the uptick this week.  We all finally got some miles outside again.  This week we increased running days from three days to four days.  We got some crossing training in and some SUPER fun unexpected team building remotely.  I can't wait to share those photos below.  This week seemed to go pretty well.  Running felt good.  Nutrition remains a work in progress but I felt fueled for all runs including the weekend six mile.  Lots of photos this week.......

First things first...... Let's get right to the fun photos.  This week I decided to resubscribe to Peloton.  I really need to focus on stretching.  We all know how important stretching and foam rolling is and like many people, it is the first thing that gets dropped with a busy program.  We are running four days a week, cross training two days, we all have busy home lives with kids always on the go, and then there is the ever important job.  Hard to fit all of that in - plus make time to foam roll and stretch.  Many of us have old injuries and we are working hard to prevent new ones, so I really wanted to make sure I stretch more.  I found Denis Morton on Peloton and love his ten minute yoga workouts that focus on the legs.  They are only 10 minutes but SO helpful.  I ended up doing 4 in a row.  It is weird, I would have never picked a 40 minute yoga workout - who has time for that - but the smaller ten minute ones seemed more manageable and once I started, I just could stop.  40 minutes went by so fast.  Of course I took some photos and sent them to the running team - which then lead to the funnest remote team building ever.  The whole team took photos and we shared them on chat.  All of them could have used the hashtag "nailed it".  So fun - and yet also so good for what we are actually here to do - RUN!  Disclaimer:  they all posted these photos to a public facebook conversation so I really feel I don't need permission to share here 😜

Ok, so this is what we were trying to do.  The stretch actually felt really good on the running legs - it is just a bit challenging for us beginners

The form is terrible, but I felt good stretching!  My teenage son was not thrilled he had to take this photo!

Liz did a good job of stretching - the dog on the other hand looks like what on earth are you doing.... the dog wanted to play, not stretch

Told you, "nailed it" is the theme.  Lou is always good for a chuckle!

Yeah, Sara makes the running page!  Nailed it.

And my absolute favorite, Jenn!  Winner winner chicken dinner.  She has the best one of all.  To her credit, she is the only one who attempted the pose and a selfie.  Nailed it! 
 
My next favorite part of the week was our six mile outside run.  We stopped at a special sign to remember our dear friend Wendy.  You can read about her over on the left hand column under the bio section.  She tragically died last year and would have ran this race with us.  We miss her so much on our runs - and of course, every day.  This street in our town is the same as her last name and it was a fun way to still capture her in our running selfie.

Jenn got some outside miles this week too.  Look how sunny it is!

The three of us were able to get outside for one of our mid week runs

Finally above zero - and I have some new running shades

A little cross training this week - boxing with the teenager
Lou at the gym - usual pose ;)

  
Over all, this was a great week of running despite the cold.  Next week we move to 3-3-3-7 for mileage.  Let's hope the weather stays on our side!
I just couldn't pass up this TikTok challenge, so fun!
Have a great week everyone!!
Carrie and the crew
 


 

 




 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment