Sunday, February 14, 2021

Here we go!!

Here we go, official marathon training starts!  Hello marathon training!  Wow, the first six weeks went fast - which is important to remember because I am sure the next 18 weeks will fly by!  The day-to-day and the miles will feel long, but I am betting it will be June before we know it.  The last six weeks was focused on "getting ready to train".  I think we each accomplished some grounding work to get ready for the big show.  I had grand plans to lose a bunch of weight but instead I shifted focus to healthy, balanced, smart, marathon training fuel/eating.  I am so glad I am not "training on a diet".  Not smart or sustainable.  I did take a photo at the start of this program and I am excited to share a side-by-side right before the marathon.  Running four days a week, two days of cross training, and smart methodical fueling will definitely make me feel better - regardless of what the scale says!

Short and sweet check in this week - let's get to work!!!  Here is what we have been up to....

It is stupid cold here in Wisconsin and Minnesota where we are training.  We have done a great job this winter of getting outside in the elements but this past week has been dangerous cold.  Thankfully we have all conquered our runs indoor on treadmills.  Looks like a few more brutal days and will be above zero again.  What a goal - to be above zero!!!  Later in the week looks like double digits.  
I did brave one little mile outside this week.  My weekend long run was five miles - I ran four indoors on the treadmill and moved outside for the last mile.  It seriously took me longer to layer all of my clothing than it did to run the mile! CAN'T WAIT to be back outside full time.  I am one who doesn't totally dislike my treadmill, but not having a choice to be outside is irritating.
While I managed an outdoor run this week, Liz tackled an early morning run.  Check out that time of 6:36 in the morning!  I am sure many of you are morning folks and prefer to get your work out done.  I have struggled with mornings but worked hard last year to try and incorporate them into my workout routine.  It does feel pretty awesome to get a run out of the way first thing in the morning.  Nice work Liz - it is also important to point out she had to leave her house, drive to the gym, and use the treadmill all while it being disgusting cold at 6:00 am! 
Jenn also hit the treadmill this week.  Her hashtags are the best!!  
We will be sure to check in on Michelle this week - I am hoping we can get outside together.  Once we get into a routine, we usually are able to meet more than once a week.  
I reached out to my sister before posting to see if there where any exciting updates from Lou's workouts this week.  Hello AUTO CORRECT.  OMG.  Thankfully she did not respond with some deep thigh photos 😅😆.  We don't get a fun photo of Lou this week, but we can laugh and giggle at this text.
 
Nutrition:  If you followed my post last week, I talked about transitioning from a diet to proper running nutrition.  It was hard to figure out what to eat since I was either entirely keto or binging on whatever.  This week I made a conscious choice to make meals matter.  I baked banana chocolate chip muffins and worked on portion control.  The muffins aren't "bad".  Five muffins at once are bad!  Here are some of my meals this week....



 
And just like that, another week in the books.
Here again is the training plan.........
and a little inspiration.....
Here.  We.   Go.
Carrie and crew!

 

 


 



 



 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment