Monday, January 4, 2021

Train the Trainer Day One

Day One of Train the Trainer.  Here we are.  Day one.  Sort of.  Day one of full marathon training starts February 15th - but today starts train the trainer.  See the left hand column and click on Train the Trainer to read all about it.  Essentially we have the next six weeks to work on "things" before things get real (ok, they are already real).

First things first.  Here I am today.  I took this photo that I will share again in a side-by-side in six weeks.  I love a good workout selfie, but good lord.... the art of the mirror selfie I have not learned yet.  I know not every fitness goal is about weight loss and often as women we put too much emphasis on the scale.  I don't want to live like that (nether does Jenn, check out her Instagram on the left hand column) - but for right now, I do need to lose a few more pounds to get to a place that a ten minute mile isn't hard because I am heavy - it is hard because I am pushing towards a 9-minute mile. 

Miles for the week. The goal this week is 3-3-4 along with two cross training days.  A few of us got our first three miles in today.  Liz and I hit the treadmill at the gym.  We have been running outside in this colder weather more in the last two months that we have in our whole lives.  Today,we were just not feeling the cold weather since it was also windy.  Three miles on the treadmill it is!  I have to admit, I do love a good treadmill run (I am not the norm).  According to my Timehop, five years ago today we also ran three miles but it looks like we braved the weather that day!   Hard to tell in the photo but there is about a 100 pounds different between these two photos (ok maybe more like 75 because of Christmas carbs).

Jenn also got three miles in today with her new running shoes but braved the weather for an evening outdoor run. 

Lou started back at the gym today.  He was the only one there (thus no mask - isn't it weird we need a mask disclaimer???)

Have a good week all - keep moving! 

Get along, on down the road...... 
We've got a long, long way to go
(Kenny Chesney Get Along)




No comments:

Post a Comment